A word from the artist

Rasta

Come forward with peace and love. I respectfully ask that after you have viewed these drawings and paintings that you contact the artist, with questions, comments, suggestions for future paintings or tips to improve as a painter. If you see a painting and you are moved one way or another, please share those words and emotions with me. If you are not interested in a correspondence you may write to me without giving your last name and without a return address however any snail mail received will be regarded as private and kept in confidence. If you work for another organization and want to get something specific done for free, feel free to contact me

Darren Morris #236425; PO Box 900; Portage, Wi 53901


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

pictures and descriptions II

#4This painting above is a 16x20 (Guessstamation) Acrylic paint...
Painting is a sort of meditation for me, to me that gives me a chance to still my mind, and connect with my natural self. What others may refer to as the spiritual or supernatural. This allows me to hear my center speak to me, and sometimes like this one, I envisioned I was sitting on a large rock on the rivers edge. The soles of my feet together completing my circuit. Taking a moment to visually take in the majestic mountains in the distance, the trees that sway and rustle in the slight breeze. The sound of the water, slow and hypnotic, setting the tone for deep meditation. Slipping into Jah blessing, seeking H.I.M. face, inhaling Jah air. I can almost smell it. I can almost hear Jah birds singing unto H.I.M.. For those moments, I'm not here, smelling this thick stale (One Destiny...Rastafari!-missplaces words) air. Prison has a smell you'll never forget... You can smell the hatred, anger, & depression clinging to every breath. I find peace in prayer & meditation, In all forms of I meditation. Painting brings it all into a reality...
#5 This Is a canvas panel, if memory serves me, with acrylics- 18x24...
There is no grand story about this, it was a photograph in a magazine of some sort of sculpture. I liked the piece first for the color, then for the curve in the wings. I've never seen anything like that in real life. A real Eagle, or that slice of nature. I can only imagine how nice it must be to sit atop of a mountain like that...


#6


#7 Above, 6x9 Acrylic...
In prison, very few things are what they seem. Very few people are true to the words that come out of them. Words are not often used to build. They are weapons meant to destroy, prisoners are branded liars, cheats, and just over all demonized. Truth those people exist in here just as they exist out there. Once I met this woman, she was beautiful, very intelligent, spiritually grounded, and had a fairly stable life. I had fallen for her, I found that being in love made prison a whole new place. I was shocked when she revealed that she was in love. After many visits & exchanged letters, one day she just stopped. No warning, no reason, just stopped writing & visiting, she just stopped. Her life moved ahead, I was stuck, trapped in it. I soon found that this is common. We hear of the prisoner that cons the woman, but we don't hear of the woman that cons the prisoner. Because we no longer matter. We get what we deserve! It was very damaging to experience that here, but I'm a dreamer, and life; life is full of fantasies.
Things & people to inspire a dreamer. I never seem to get over the Pain of a lost love. I carry it with me. I have met some who say, let it go, I disagree. It hurts because it was special. So beautiful and passionate, I may let her go, but the love, it's mine. It no longer feels as a trap that confines, it's a gate way that sets me free. I rise and face the morning, the crest of a new day, the potential of this new day are limited to my dreams. Your dreams and the fantasies we share, all are inspiration for what I paint and when I paint it...




#8 Acrylic unsure of size, I was tired of holding it in & I just let it go for awhile & had fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment